Friday 8 April 2011

5)      How did you attract/ address your audience?
After creating my audience research questionnaire and receiving my responses I gained the information allowing me to give my target audience what they want. I realised that the most popular artists were NIcki Minaj, Drake and Beyonce and so I based the issue around RnB/ pop/ Hip-Hop music. Contrary to this, I used Rihanna as my cover artist despite her not coming up as one of the most popular artists on my questionnaire results, this is because I had a vision of how I wanted my magazine  to look, being heavily based around her greatly successful single ‘Rudeboy’. Having this issue of the magazine being based around Rihanna’s song will attract my target audience as ‘Rudeboy’ was a huge chart success and remained in the UK and US charts for a long time and an even longer time in the urban charts. As this magazine would have been released at the height of this song’s dominance of the charts there would have been a huge following of people wanting to know every detail about Rihanna and her song meaning that the issue will have had a unique selling point, adding to the readership. The advertisements within my magazine are also a reminder to the readers that this magazine is targeted at them, advertisements for things such as Blackberry’s, Adidas clothing, and iPods which are very popular amongst the younger generation. These advertisements not only appeal to my young target audience but also mean that whilst they are reading they are tuned into their youthful/urban mindset. Also, as voted the most important feature, ‘new releases’ feature heavily in ECHO whether it be through the latest news, recent award winners, latest charts or articles on what to expect in the coming months, readers and constantly being updated on the here and now. To address my audience of young people, I made sure to use mostly non-formal language with a  few uses of slang language and ‘in the know’ references that the audience will be familiar with such as references to Beyoncé’s ‘alter ego’ and Rihanna’s break up with Chris Brown. My magazine is accompanied by a website; this is very important in addressing my audience seeing as most people nowadays are computer-literate and may be inclined to check the website for updated rather than waiting for the next issue to find out what’s been going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment